Type QDSC Quick Disconnect Submersible
Features that make the PACO difference
34F Cable Entry Assembly – The electrical cables enter through Buna-N
grommets and are epoxy sealed for a non-wicking connection that ensures
the best possible protection against leakage into the motor.
1M Motor Housing - Rugged cast iron Class 30 or higher certified for
Class 1; Division 1; Groups C&D service for hazardous locations and
designed to withstand 200 psi water pressure at all sealing locations.
65A Motor – The UL and CSA approved motor is an air filled, squirrel cage
induction design. Stator windings are dipped and baked with Class F
96T Temperature Sensor – All motors include dual, normally closed,
automatic reset thermostats connected in series and embedded in
adjoining phases to protect against an over temperature condition.
96M Moisture Sensor – All motors include dual moisture sensing probes to
detect the presence of moisture in the oil chamber and stator housing.
18D Bearings – The bearings are oversized to carry thrust and radial loads at all operating conditions, prepacked, and sealed for life with
special high temperature grease, ensuring trouble-free operation.
6A Shaft – Oversized AISI 4tainless steel shaft to minimize deflection thereby reducing wear on seals and bearings.
14A Mechanical Seals – Two carbon/ceramic mechanical seals are mounted in tandem and operate independently in an oil bath for lubrication,
cooling, and as an added barrier between the pumpage and stator housing.
3A Impeller – The Class 30 cast iron impeller has an enclosed design as standard and contoured passages to ensure clog-free performance.
The impeller can be trimmed and balanced to meet design conditions with optimum efficiency.
4A Wear Ring – All pumps include an adjustable cast iron case wear ring as standard, with optional 400 series stainless steel case rings and
21K Sliding Bracket – The sliding bracket is designed to allow interchangeability with universal guide rail systems for new installations and
retrofits at existing sites.
PACO Pumps….Features with proven benefits
• Impellers are trimmed to provide performance at design conditions, resulting in lower investment and operation costs.
• Increased efficiency reduces horsepower requirements resulting in lower investment and operation costs.
• Increased flows and heads with smaller pumps and reduced space requirements translating into lower installation costs.
• Adjustable cast iron base wear ring provides longer pump life and maintains hydraulic efficiencies resulting in reduced operation costs.
• Ease of spare parts procurement due to domestic manufacturing and parts kits programs.
• Cable entry assembly ensures the best possible protection against leakage into the motor, reducing maintenance problems and down time.
• Moisture and thermal sensors provide preventative maintenance diagnostics, reducing unscheduled down time.
• Double mechanical tandem seals provide extended life and motor protection, reducing maintenance problems and down time.
• Use of standard fasteners facilitates ease of maintenance through availability and reduced down time.
• Interchangeable with universal guide rail systems for added retrofit options.
for full information on submersible pumps
from PACO and other fine manufacturers.
The right pump for your application needs
Houston / 713-783-8530
Beaumont / 713-783-8532
Austin / 512-595-4501
Pump & Power Equipment
San Antonio / 210-781-9067
McAllen / 956-668-7867
Corpus Christi / 210-781-9067
© 2011 Pump & Power Equipment, all rights reserved
Pump & Power Equipment...The right pump for your application needs
PACO Submersible Pumps